Monday, July 24, 2006

Something old is new again.

Granville Sewell, a mathematics professor at the University of Texas El Paso, has published a "A Mathematician's View of Evolution," a refutation of the Thoery of Evolution that contains no math. None.

Okay, there really is nothing in the title that requires this article to have any actual math in it.

Sewell is a mathematician, and this is his opinion about evolution.

I guess I'm just foolish to expect a mathematician's opinion to be mathematically sound.

I was going to go through it and refute his points one by one.

I just don't have it in me.

His points are (three) old creationist crap and (one) new creationist ID crap.

"Blah, blah, incomplete fossil record, blah, blah, irreducible complexity, blah, blah, bullshit computer programming analogy, blah, blah, violates the second law of thermodynamics, blah blah."

All of which have been answered (many times) elsewhere (many places).

Later,

0 people have spouted off: