Sunday, September 10, 2006

Programming

I've been trying to rewrite my old root basin program in Borland C++ Builder 6.

Right now it sort-of works. It's slow as hell, I get floating point overflow errors, and for some reason some points don't compute right (the black specks in the image). I'll keep working on it off and on.
Here's what I managed to get so far: (it would take days for the entire image to draw, so this is just one corner)

















Here's a sort of extrapolated image:

















I got frustrated and wrote a Mandelbrot program instead. It was easy. Here's the result:












I once wrote a Mandelbrot program for my HP-20S graphing calculator, because I was bored in class. It isn't that I'm all that good, it's just that a Mandelbrot program is that easy.

Later,

2 people have spouted off:

phil said...

We should generate some really pretty mandelbrot images to print on t-shirts

John said...
I'm pretty sure it's been done.
9/11/06, 9:09 PM