Sunday, August 05, 2007

Just this lime

The other day I finished American Gods by Neil Gaiman.
Just now, I finished Anansi Boys, also by Neil Gaiman.

Gaiman writes modern fantasy, and if you have never read anything by him, I highly recommend that you do so.

His books aren't comedy (like Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett are), but they do contain elements of humor.

Anansi Boys had one of the funniest lines I have read in a long time:

"As long as you're not just doing it to get the lime back."

It's one of those "you had to be there" jokes, but take my word for it: it's hilarious. Or better still, read the book.

Later,

2 people have spouted off:

Qalmlea said...

Yeah, Neil Gaiman is definitely one of my favorites. Though Mozilla's spellcheck hasn't heard of him. Or of spellcheck. :^)

The Factician said...

Neil Gaiman's best work is still the Sandman comics. Much, much darker than his written work, but far more moving.