Via Qalmlea comes a cool meme. It's pretty much "Name that quote." Here are the rules
Meme rules:So, here are the quotes: (UPDATE: rearranged list and added second quotes to unidentified movies. On Sunday, March 2nd I'll identify any that remain)
- Pick 15 of your favourite movies.
- Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them here for everyone to guess.
- Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
- NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions. Totally cheating, you dirty cheaters.
- - "Am I employing retards? I have nothing against retards in general, I just can't afford to employ them."
- "Most people have some dignity, most people long to leave a mark. If it were just a question of smudges... they wouldn't need the bowling shoe rule."
- Blood and Donuts
- - "Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?"
- "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?"
- - "One shop destroyed. Three heads split like overripe melons. One man wounded and one castrated. All in two hours. Just two hours I left you alone. Two hours."
- "Well, I couldn't leave him in town; he tends to tell to tell the truth. He's an alcoholic, you know."
- They Call Me Trinity
- - "Is there a doctor in the fish?"
- "Why, why, why! Because it's all logic and reason now. Science, progress, laws of hydraulics, laws of social dynamics, laws of this, that, and the other. No place for three-legged cyclops in the South Seas. No place for cucumber trees and oceans of wine. No place for me."
- The Adventures of Baron Münchhausen
- - "I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my rifle to the next thing who finds it, Lord hope he be a white man. It is a good rifle, and kilt the bear that kilt me. Anyway, I am dead. Sincerely, Hatchet Jack."
- "Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!"
- Jeremiah Johnson
- - "My old man told me, before he left this shitty world, 'never chase buses or women, you'll always be left behind.'"
- "You know, if I had a nickel for every time some piece of shit pointed a gun at me I'd be a rich man."
- Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
- - "Well, he didn't say the word growl. He said 'throat noise'. But I asked him to imitate it and it sounded like a growl to me."
- "You still don't get it, do you, Captain? Your men are obsolete."
- - "Oh, so it's like Halley's Comet - only monsters come out!"
- "You do realize that all I've got is a wooden baseball bat, right?"
- - "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."
- "From now on I see a red sash, I kill the man wearing it. So run you cur. And tell the other curs the law is coming. You tell 'em I'm coming! And Hell's coming with me you hear! Hell's coming with me!"
- - "That would take forever. Besides, even if we find them, they'd only capture us, stick us in cages, torture us and finally devour us!"
- "You started spouting poetry. "I love you Sorsha! I worship you Sorsha!" You almost got us killed!"
- "I was depressed, I was confused and I was turning Japanese."
- Sgt. Kabukiman, NYPD
- "You're gonna knock over a bank with a Magic Marker? What are you gonna do, write on 'em?"
- "If she'd 'ave kept goin' down that way she'd 'ave gone straight to that castle."
- "You brought our baby into a knife fight?"
"It was a fair fight. Two of them, two of us..."
- Undercover Blues
- "My own brother a goddamn, shit-sucking vampire! Oh, you wait 'til Mom finds out, buddy."
- The Lost Boys
Some are pretty obvious, some less so.
All of these quotes are copied/pasted from IMDb, (except that I corrected the spelling of "Halley's Comet"). I think some of them are not quite right, but they are at least recognizable.