Friday, July 23, 2010

Quasi-Final version of Sudoku Solver

This is going to be the last update to my sudoku solver for a while.



So here's the rundown:

1) I changed the way the dialog to set values works. To reset a box to null, press the button for the current value again. The GUI will not let you set a box to an illegal value.

2) Guessing works. Boxes solved without guessing are filled blue. If it can't finish the puzzle, the solver will ask if it can start guessing. The boxes set after guessing are filled red.

3) Trying to guess on a sudoku without a unique solution will cause the solver to enter an infinite loop.  Refresh the browser to end.

4) Added a reset button.

I may add advanced techniques later, to get it to solve further before needing to guess, but I'm kind of losing interest now, so we'll see.

Later,

1 person has spouted off:

Flip Marley said...

Hey, I'm on windows with proper Java, so this works for me now. cool.