Sunday, August 05, 2007

Wow. Just....Wow.

I have been out of touch with the news media for a couple of years. I had pretty much given up. FauxNews and its cadre of bullshitters had managed to drive me off.

Tonight I stumbled across some YouTube videos that did a lot to restore my faith.

I was searching for confirmation of Bush's "Stop throwing the Constitution in my face. It's just a goddamned piece of paper!" statement. (How has this guy not been impeached?)

So, Keith Olbermann. This is the kind of ranting I can get behind.

Later,

2 people have spouted off:

Jac said...

Good title. That was my reaction, too. I can't add anything to that that isn't obvious.

Did Bush really say that quote about the constitution? If you find that clip, please post a link.

John said...
The quote was allegedly made back in 2005, in a closed meeting with Republican Congessional leaders to discuss the renewal of the Patriot Act.

It is reported in this article in Capitol Hill Blue

I'm not sure how reliable the article is, but the author claims that three people present at the meeting confirmed the President's outburst.
8/6/07, 10:11 AM