Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Incredible Hulk

So I saw "The Incredible Hulk" yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The previous fiasco (which I liked only because I went in determined to do so) has been totally forgotten (good) and the Hulk's origin retold in flashbacks.

What was better:

  • The CGI. The Hulk and the Abomination both looked awesome
  • Edward Norton. Eric Bana sucks
  • The action. There was a lot more of it, and it kicked ass.
  • Actual villains from the comic book. 'Nuff said
What was worse:
  • No Jennifer Connelly. Liv Tyler sucks
What was really cool was that the villain for the sequel was revealed, but you'd have to be a follower of the old Hulk comics to catch it. All I'll say is that it's a classic Hulk villain who hasn't been seen in the comic book for several years.

Bonus:
  • Cameo by Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark
Suspension of disbelief stretch:
  • I cannot (CANNOT) believe that Lou Ferrigno (or anyone who looks like him) eats pizza
I saw "Ironman" when it came out, but, since I have never been a big fan of the character, all I will say is that the movie was pretty good. Replace "Ironman" with "Indiana Jones" and you have my opinion of that movie, too.

I'm looking forward to some upcoming releases.
  • "Get Smart" I loved that show when I was little. If anyone can fill Don Adams' shoephone, it's Steve Carell. Here's hoping
  • "Hancock" I like Will Smith. I like comic book superheroes. This movie looks really funny. I'm there
  • "The Dark Knight" Well, duh
Later,

1 person has spouted off:

Qalmlea said...

Agreed on the ones to look forward to. I'd never heard of Hancock, but if it's half as good as its preview, I'll love it. And Get Smart looked like it had just the right balance of semi-seriousness and ridiculosity. And Dark Knight is just a given.