Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Okay, now I'm pissed

I updated my McAfee VirusScan software Sunday. To do this I had to update Interet Explorer, because VirusScan won't update with Firefox, or any other browser. The whole thing was a royal pain in the ass.

And the icing on the cake: Even with Firefox's popup blocker active, I get popup ads.

When I have time I'm switching to PC-cillan.

Later,

2 people have spouted off:

phil said...

When you have time, you should switch to a real operating system - pretty much anything not from Microsoft would do.

One of one guy's arguments for using a Mac was that you don't have to run anti-virus or anti-spyware software. They make such things for Mac, but the Mac does not suffer from the plague like Windows.

Also, I don't run that kind of junk on linux. Of course some things like the Macromedia (now Adobe) Flash Player don't work on one of my linux machines due to it's 64 bit operating system and Macromedia(Adobe)'s refusal to produce a 64 bit Flash player.

John said...
Yeah.

No offense, but I'm not really interested in linux.

I am considering switching to a Mac if/when I get a new computer (maybe next fall at the earliest)
11/16/06, 7:11 PM