Friday, November 10, 2006

What American Accent Do You Have?

Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.
This is kind of funny. When I was travelling around the UK, I got complimented on my accent ("Very smooth, not at all hard to understand like most Americans"), but when I was working in Jamestown, NY (about an hour from where I grew up in PA) several people were able to place me by it.

Later,

1 person has spouted off:

phil said...

The first time I took this I got Inland North (Wisconsin). But some of the questions could go either way - Is there really a difference or is it just imagined?

The second time I took it, I got The West