Friday, November 17, 2006

What a load!

Here's a steaming load that you may find laughably pathetic. (The title is the link)

I found it while reading the weekly commentary by James "The Amazing" Randi on the JREF site (see my sidebar).

I have a serious suggestion to pseudocience peddlars.
Enroll in a remedial grammar class at your local community college.

Especially this guy, that site is actually painful to read.

And that navigation sidebar. Nestled in among all the purported uses of this thing is a link to the "teachings of Jesus." Apparently this device duplicates Jesus' healing touch. You, too, can be the Messiah (or at least an Apostle)!

It cures everything. Bee stings, liver failure, pulled muscles, sleep apnea, you name it.

It works on horses and dogs, too.

I can't make this stuff up. Apparently someone can, though.

I wish they wouldn't.

Later,

3 people have spouted off:

phil said...

Uh, I think that if the grammar was corrected, it would be more obvious that it's a total sham.

That nearly mirror image use of "fermented" in the first two run-ons really gets me. I couldn't get much farther than that.

The all caps "UNIVERSAL ENERGY" as well as the whole gist of the thing reminds me of the "Your Water Molecules Are Too Small" scam targeting old people in the AARP magazine.

John said...
That's what I thought of, too.
11/17/06, 11:07 PM
Qalmlea said...

Okay, that one's bad enough that I honestly hope English isn't his/her/its first language.