Saturday, February 18, 2006

Star Wars: Episode III

I rented Revenge of the Sith, because a lot of people have said that it is much better than the first two. So far, it is not. I am about 15 minutes into it, and have to stop to make this post.

I have a few complaints.
The acting is very stiff. It sounds as if the actors are reading from a malfunctioning teleprompter.
The CGI is cartoonish. The old movies had more realistic looking space battles.
The droid general coughs and wheezes.
The droid general coughs and wheezes.
The guns on the droid flagship are lasers or some kind of energy weapon, yet they have recoil and discarding shells.
The internal gravity on the droid flagship apparrently depends on spatial orientation.

I tried to find something good to say about it, but so far I can't. Hopefully it will get better, but I don't believe it will.

Later,

1 person has spouted off:

dave said...

I have to agree 100% with you on this. All of the prequels were terrible. I felt bad for the truly zealous fans who had to defend, and defend these three movies ad nauseum. Terrible truly.